Copyright © by Phạm Vũ Hồng Lĩnh
1. Drawing Palette
- Open AutoCAD
- Make sure 7cad is loaded
- Type command “7F”
- The Drawing palette would show up as you see to the right
- Right click on the list view to show the popup menu and choose your profiles collection.
2. Insert command
No matter what your drawing units setting is, the inserted profiles are always drawn at scale of 1:1
For example, if your PFC depth is 200 mm. It would appear 200 where drawing’s unit is millimeter, and appear 7.87 (inch) where drawing’s unit is inch.
Check out AutoCAD command UNITS to know what your drawing insertion scale is.
After insert a steel profile, you have 4 options to modify it: [Undo\Rotate\Flip\Align]
- Type U to Undo the action
- Type Rotate to rotate the profile
- Type Flip to mirror the profile
- Type Align to switch to other alignment. There are 5 alignments: Center, Top Left, Top Right, Bottom Left and Bottom Right
3. Draw steel frame at Top, Bottom, Left & Right views
Steel Frame is a dynamic block. After specify start point and end point, you have options to choose: [Undo/View/Flip/Align/Offset = …]. You can:
- Type U to undo the insert action
- Type V to choose other elevation view
- Type F to mirror the frame to its center line
- Type A to switch to other alignment. There are 3 alignmentst: Center, Top and Bottom
- Type O to specify the offset distance from the alignment line. (N/A with Center alignment)
4. Match Profile command
To change the profile of an inserted object, you can use ED command directly from the command prompt window.
To change the profile of many inserted objects, you should use MatchProfile command on Drawing Palette.
- First, you select the source object.
- Second, select your steel profiles and frames objects on drawing. You can use any AutoCAD multi objects selection methods. 7cad would filter out the invalid objects for you.
5. Test 7cad Steel Frame
Although this command is placed in Tool Palette, it is introduced here as in group of drawing commands.
Test command is always avaiable independent to your license. After select multiple profiles, choose an empty space on your drawing and 7cad would insert all the profiles and frames at 4 elevation views to your drawing in a tabulated form.
This command help you have an overview of drawing objects created by 7cad Steel Frame.
See Details of drawing objects for more informations.
Tags are not intended to show on your drawing’s print. They are place in DET_STEEL TAG layer for easily turning on, or off.
Usually, the text height of the tag is automatically scale up and down according to the depth of the frame. You can choose “Scale Tag to current dimension text” for 7cad to draw tags at exactly the size of the text shown in your current dimension objects.
If you want to print tags, you can change the text’s height by changing the steel frame’s AnnotationScale:
- Open Acad properties panel (Ctrl + 1)
- Select Steel Frames
- Go to Custom tab > AnnotationScale row > modify the value as text height
Note: AnnotationScale is avaiable for steel frame only.
7. ED command and UP command
ED edit everything by select object on AutoCAD screen: text, dimension, attribute, steel profile and steel frame. It included native AutoCAD DDEDIT command and 7cad Edit command.
UP command update selected dimension objects to current dimension style; update selected block’s attributes’fields; and finally, update selected steel profiles and frames to current database definitions.
See Update profiles and frame for more informations.